Teeth Whitening by Dentist, Shop or Home
Today, many people are spending more money just to have their teeth whiter. They make use of the best teeth whitening treatments and undergo procedures to achieve that brilliant white teeth.
Modern Ways to Achieve that Perfect White Smile!
Today, many people are spending more money just to have their teeth whiter. They make use of the best teeth whitening treatments and undergo procedures to achieve the brilliant white teeth.
Laser Teeth Whitening by Your Dentist
During this process, a rubber tray is placed over your teeth to shield the gums, and the whitening gel is then painted on your teeth. The laser stimulates the chemicals in the whitening gel. The powerful light will help boost the chemical reaction of the bleaching gel solution, thus the colour change can be attained more rapidly.
Dentists believe that the result of laser whitening treatment is good. It can make your teeth up to six shades lighter. Not everyone gets the chance to undergo laser whitening by his or her dentists. Your dentist will check your teeth and gums to ensure that you are fit for this treatment. The total procedure is usually done within an hour or so and you should have to do some return treatments.
Bleaching your teeth is done by placing rubber pad to protect the soft tissue of your gums. After this, the carbamide peroxide (CP) gel will be applied on your teeth using a syringe along with a special rubber tray, which shapes into your mouth like a gum shell. The dentist will start you off with the treatment. On the final treatment, you should be given your own whitening gel to take home with instructions on how to use at an extra cost to yourself!
The take home whitening gel supplied by your dentist will usually be a low strength mix (approximately 3% – 10% carbamide peroxide) this gel can be used when sleeping and can be kept in your mouth all night.
Most people see the dentist regularly, and know the state of their teeth. You can make your own decision whether to go for the less costly of teeth whitening.
Home teeth whitening kits are similar to the dentist, and most people prefer to do it this way because of time, in our busy lives.
Each treatment should take you no more than 30 minutes, allowing your natural whiteness to show even on the first treatment.
The first question is the top question you should want to know.
- Q. What percent of carbamide peroxide do you require.
- A. 10%, 16%, 22%, 35% or 44% most suppliers of tooth whitening products stick with supplying 35%CP this works fine.
- If you have sensitive teeth or receding gums: if you have any of these problems it may still be possible by using less gel and less whitening time, or you may find sensitive whitening gel.
- What guarantee does the supplier give, some just give 7 – 14 days guarantee and the item has not to be opened, you may find a very good supplier who gives a 30 day if you are not happy with your results guarantee.
Once you have decided and found a reputable company that sells home whitening products, it is quite easy. You can buy a complete kit with instructions and then once you have finished the kit you can just buy individual items like extra gels to top up your whitening.
Here is Some Interesting Few Facts
What People Notice about You First
- Eyes 71%
- Haircut 82%
- Figure 85%
- Smile 94%
The use of hydrogen peroxide should NOT be used for home use and should only be used by professional and dentists.
Hydrogen Peroxide and Carbamide Peroxide Conversion Chart
Conversions from: Hydrogen Peroxide to Carbamide Peroxide
- 3% Hydrogen Peroxide is equivalent to 8.3% Carbamide Peroxide
- 6% Hydrogen Peroxide is equivalent to 16% Carbamide Peroxide
- 7.5% Hydrogen Peroxide is equivalent to 20% Carbamide Peroxide
- 9.5% Hydrogen Peroxide is equivalent to 26% Carbamide Peroxide
- 13% Hydrogen Peroxide is equivalent to 36% Carbamide Peroxide
Conversions from Carbamide Peroxide to Hydrogen Peroxide
- 10% Carbamide Peroxide is equivalent to 3.6% Hydrogen Peroxide
- 16% Carbamide Peroxide is equivalent to 5.7% Hydrogen Peroxide
- 22% Carbamide Peroxide is equivalent to 7.9% Hydrogen Peroxide
- 35% Carbamide Peroxide is equivalent to 12.6% Hydrogen Peroxide
- 36% Carbamide Peroxide is equivalent to 13.0% Hydrogen Peroxide
- 38% Carbamide Peroxide is equivalent to 13.7 % Hydrogen Peroxide
Here is how it worked out:
- 1% Hydrogen Peroxide is equivalent to 2.765% Carbamide Peroxide
- 1% Carbamide Peroxide is the equivalent of 0.361% Hydrogen Peroxide
Most teeth whitening products online usually contains carbamide peroxide and/or hydrogen peroxide as there 'active ingredients'. When these ingredients break down, the oxygen enters the enamel of your teeth thus, making the colour lighter. The entire teeth whitening treatment should be finished within 3-10 days.